Sunday, June 15, 2014

Waiting Around...

So, I had grand plans to pay off my husband's first student loan this month. But, it's looking like it might not happen until the beginning of next month. Sigh.

My husband has refereed soccer the last four weekends (which should bring in around $350, maybe a bit more) and he started his new internship, which is paid. So in theory we should be able to do it. BUT...

The other soccer league he refs with pays him cash on the same day. This league cuts him a check. He asked about when he would get the check and people said either July or August. WHAT?! Of course it will be nice to get a big chunk later, but that's pretty much the exact amount we need to pay off that loan!

As far as the internship goes, he's put in his hours and his HR person has done what she needs to on this end. But the system to actually get him paid has to be updated by someone at Minnesota Public Radio (the umbrella his station here in CA falls under). Payday is next Friday, so unless it gets done first thing Monday, I don't think he'll get his first check until fourth of July weekend (the next pay cycle).

He'll get all the pay he's entitled to eventually, and he's not worried about it, but I was so excited to get that loan taken care of THIS month.

On the bright side, this isn't income we need to pay rent or buy groceries, so I'm thankful for that at least. I don't know what they expect people to do who are depending on their pay to live!

Anyone else ever have to wait to get paid?

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for a loan to finance your project at the rate of 2% in return or Home loan or car loan then Mr Pedro loan offer will be good for you since they offered international loan to individual or company looking for way to expand their business or personal loan because Mr pedro and his working company helped me finance my business at the rate of 2% in return in which I will be closing my loan next year on this date, I really hope to order another loan from them because they are genuine loan company with a very good interest.
    Contact Mr Pedro loan offer on E-Mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com whatsapp: +1-863-231-0632

    ReplyDelete